We invite anyone who grows, produces, manufactures, retails or provides a service to apply for a stall. No matter how large or small you are, if you want to trade from a 6ft table or a 45 ft square stall we will accommodate you. Our aim is to offer a local, convenient selling space for stall holders at a fair rent, creating a Great Trading Day with a large variety of quality products on display for our visitors. A real showcase of the brilliant work that goes on, often unseen in the local community.
We run extensive advertising campaigns including BBC radio Devon , regional newspapers, local publications, internet advertising, reciprocal linking from our website, Facebook and Twitter, leaflet distributions and posters and not forgetting the all important Word of Mouth. Where possible we look to our stall holders to display a poster or distribute some fliers to help with spreading the word.
These following points apply to all of the market selling areas.
- Stalling is by Booking Only, with your Booking Form and Payment arriving together, a confirmation will then be issued. Traders are requested not turn up on the Market Day expecting to be able to trade unless they have booked.
- Market opening times for 2016, 9am till 2pm, setting up from 6.00am on the day and in most cases access can be gained before 3 pm on the Friday preceding the market.
- All stall holders must be insured for Public Liability – we recommend Combined Market Traders Insurance Association PUBLIC & PRODUCT LIABILITY COVER £50.00 per annum for £5 Million Cover.http://www.cmtia.co.uk/
- Any electrical appliances used on site must comply to PAT Safety regulations – for help with this we can recommend a qualified ‘PAT’ Tester, Portable Appliance Tester Zoe Gertner can be contacted on 01409 261 648, similarly Gas Appliances must be Gas Safety Tested.
- It has been bought to out attention by Stallholders and more particularly VISITORS that some Traders began packing up before the market closing time of 2 p.m. We KNOW its a long day but as we are trying to encourage visitors to the Market ALL DAY it defeats the object of the exercise if they arrive at 2 to find it half empty. (Several stall holders do good business in the last hour) Unfortunately this is a practice that we can not encourage and kindly ask you to ‘stay put’ (even if you have sold out!), until the end.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS – Please see Terms of business .
- A Stallholders Stallholder checklist is available for new stallholders, compiled by a friend and experienced stallholder, it is a check list of items to think about /bring with you, to help make your market trading experience a good one.
The 2017 Market Dates are
Easter Sat April 15th
Summer Sat July 22nd
Christmas Sat Dec 2nd
To request a Booking Form, complete and submit your details below or call us on 07855 187 364, please be sure to add your own telephone number.